Saturday, October 25, 2014

“We’re All Mad Here” – The Hatter

We must be, why else would we have come to Beijing, and I am not just talking about the foreigners. The other Chinese people have got to be just as crazy as we are to want to come here; but if I am being fair, I didn’t know what I was getting into before I came here either. In fact, I know less about Beijing two years on, certainly less about life, because in this city, of all places, it is not just your sanity that is tested, but who you are as a person. Living in Beijing is a trial, the standing court is kangaroo, and all you have ever held dear will be examined, negated and broken to pieces. If you can manage to avoid the humpty dumpty and piece yourself together again, well then Beijing is actually quite a pleasant place to live.
Here begins a chronology of my time in Beijing and my life in China thus far.
The pictures include me sleeping in a subway car and my foot after being run over by a car [(notice the tire marks).

No comments:

Post a Comment