Saturday, October 25, 2014

And So It Begins

After spending that last two years of my life deep in the heart of darkness, and living for most of that time without a vpn, I thought it was long overdue that I started to share my experiences with the world (since this is now one of the only reliable mediums with which I can communicate with friends and family abroad).
I live in an amazing city, in a country growing so rapidly it cannot even define itself, where my life is filled with experiences that most never have, lest they would be driven insane. And good thing I don’t drive in Beijing, otherwise I would have gone insane quite a long time ago.
So now begin the tales of my adventures here in the Northern Capital and abroad, yet this blog is ultimately for myself; I wish to set up a catalog of experiences which I can look back on to remind myself just how amazing Beijing, and the world, can be. This blog will (attempt) to detail my life in the city chronologically, recounting the past and moving on into the present. It will focus on my time in the East; the places I have been, the fun I have had, the friends I have gained, the love, the loss, the blurry memories which only make an appearance in my consciousness from time to time. It will include essays and poetry about the city, reviews of anywhere I happen to wind up and generally whatever else I feel like writing about on a given day.

No comments:

Post a Comment